Before the day of the wedding, stress can start to increase due to unforeseen circumstances and unpredictable timelines due to COVID-19. Are you a Bridesmaids and find yourself wondering what you can do to help the bride cope with current complexities? Here are five ways bridesmaids can provide support to the bride during this stressful time:
1. Check-Ins. The bride may be experiencing a lot of stress stemming from rescheduling or postponing her wedding. In addition, if she doesn’t have a wedding planner, coordinating with vendors can be an additional stressor as well. Identify times where you can contact the bride (call or shoot her a text message) and check-in to see how she is doing.
2. Schedule a Virtual Brunch. Due to social distancing, it may be difficult for the bride to see all of her bridesmaids at one time. Take the lead on scheduling a virtual brunch. If the bride misses social interaction, this will be a great way for her to unwind and take her mind off the stress accompanied with planning a wedding at this time.
3. Self-Care Package. Team up with the other bridesmaids and create a self-care package for the bride to help alleviate her stress. The self-care package can include items such as: bubble bath, a journal, an adult coloring book, bath bombs, candles, and essentials oils. There are so many options to choose from that are helpful with self-regulation.
4. Spotify Playlist. If the bride loves music, create a Spotify playlist for the bride that contains all her favorite jams, and share it with her.
5. Surprise Dinner. Restaurants are slowly opening back up; however, the majority are still not providing dine-in services due to COVID-19. Identify the bride’s favorite restaurant and order dinner for the bride to eat with her fiancé for a special date night.
There are so many different ways to provide support to the bride as she prepares for her wedding. There are a lot of unknown circumstances due to COVID-19, which can quickly become overwhelming. By identifying ways to assist the bride during this stressful time, it will be helpful as the bride navigates her way through unprecedented times.